Saturday, October 22, 2011

Wasabi Aioli



Think this is more of a formula than a recipe.
Feeling mad scientist and all...

1/4 cup Mayo
1 clove garlic smashed into paste
1/2 t. Wasabi powder mixed with
1 t. water

I slathered this on pretty thick and the wasabi flavor was distinct but not overpowering. If you want to go a little lighter in the application you may want to increase the wasabi. 

Garlic Tutorial
This was the first time I did the whole smashing the garlic into paste and it was easier than I thought it was going to be at first smash. At first it didn't look like I was getting anywhere and then all of a sudden I had "paste".  I peal my garlic by putting it on the board, laying the side of my butcher's knife on top of the clove and giving it a good whack with my fist. The papery covering pops away and gives me a fairly flat piece of garlic to work with. I whacked the clove a couple of more times, threw some coarse salt on it, chopped a couple of times and then just start pressing the side of my knife down and smooshing it around. 
All of a sudden you have PASTE!

This whole concept has me thinking about other flavor combos, Curry comes right to mind. 
Chili powder?
Hmmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment