Saturday, October 22, 2011

Jose 2 Way (s)



Agave Margarita

1 1/2 oz. Tequila
3/4 oz Agave
3/4 oz water
Juice from one large lime (ya, I don't know, use your best judgement )
Combine it all in a shaker with ice and shake like crazy!

Margarita Marinade

1/3 c. lime juice
1/3 c. water
3 T. tequila
1 T. Splenda
1 T. soy sauce
2 cloves minced garlic

I got this from the book "500 Low Carb Recipes" back when low carb was in. 
I've kicked "low-carb" to the curb but not this recipe. 
I don't let the chicken marinate for longer than an hour because at some point I figure the acid from the lime juice will start to cook the chicken and chicken ceviche sounds scary.

AGH!!!!
I almost forgot to share the coolest thing I did with this marinade.
I've used it as the liquid in a slow cooker with chicken breasts and then shredded the meat and used it for tacos, burritos, etc. In fact, I believe that will be dinner tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment