Monday, October 24, 2011

31 Days to Thankfulness: Day 24

Pleasant customers.

I work retail. 
Ask anyone who works retail and they would agree with me, 
everyone should have to work retail
at some point in their lives. 
It will give you a new appreciation. 
And a better attitude.
Not to say that I haven't had my moments when 
dealing with a salesperson who just doesn't get it,
but for the most part, walking in their shoes tends
to temper your reactions.

I am a "people person."
Shut up in an office is not my best place.
Let me schmooze.
Let me schmooze with new or expectant Grandmas
and I'm in heaven!
And when I have a day where I was able
to help some people, 
welcome some visitors, 
recommend some restaurants, 
and everyone played nice, 
ahhh, gratitude prevails. 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot agree with you more. I used to work at Pier 1 Imports and Belks Department store within the gift wrap department. People came in with such attitudes and a sense of entitlement as though $50 was enough to purchase a multi-million dollar company and therefore I should do EVERYTHING that they wnated me to do instead of following company policy. But then there were the nice ones who knew that a little honey gave them the world as ar as I was concerned.

    ReplyDelete