Saturday, October 22, 2011

Artichoke-Olive Crostini



The recipe is from Smitten Kitchen. I'll reprint it here for your convenience but go check out her blog. I haven't made my way around the whole thing but it looks pretty interesting.

1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
1 cup large pitted green olives
1 T. capers, rinsed and drained
1 15 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil

Throw it all in a food processor and have at it till you get a coarse paste.

Lory's and my observations

Lory dubbed it a little "briney" but also allowed as how
that didn't stop her from eating it. 
I think I would rinse the artichoke hearts and olives next time. 
There is a bottle of capers in my fridge and that is something I never thought I'd see.
Aside from wanting to get said bottle of capers out of my fridge, 
I actually may try leaving them out of the recipe next time.
Finding pitted green olives that are not stuffed with SOMETHING
 is a bit of a challenge.
I can't believe the pimento stuffing would have harmed anything. 
I might try some red pepper flakes next time.
Lory thought some grated parm might be a nice addition. 

Please note : all our bright ideas involve making this again so it must have had some redeeming qualities all on its own

No comments:

Post a Comment