Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Food Network: A Blessing Or A Curse?

You decide.

I have found sitting in front of the television
all day Saturday
transfixed by the Food Network to be a very good thing.
I have learned many techniques and discovered 
new foods and recipes.
This, however, is the sort of thing that happens from watching at night.
Unwrapped was the culprit.

The Hot Dog Show has sent us to Portillo's at 
10 pm in our pajamas (they have a drive thru).

We can't watch The Best Thing I Ever Ate any more.
Diners Drive Ins And Dives is on the cusp.
We almost wound up at one of Rick Bayless' 
restaurants last week for churros.

And I do mean "we". 
Not every show does it to us but when they do, I look over at Mike
and he's already looking at me and there is a certain
glint in his eye and I know we're done for.

But in a good way.
Those late night runs are some of our best memories.

Oh, and by the way, 
Dark Chocolate Chex Mix, very good.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles, not so much. 







No comments:

Post a Comment