Saturday, February 26, 2011

Brown Butter Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies

You know if it has "bacon" in the title, I'm gonna make it.
The other thing this recipe has going for it is that the gal who
developed it started out with a Cook's Illustrated recipe
and went from there. 
America's Test Kitchen/ Cook's Illustrated
can do no wrong in my book.

These are really good. 
The edges are crispy and the middles are soft and gooey.
Kristina says in her blog that browned butter is the new trend.
I love it when I participate in a trend without knowing it.
She also says putting bacon in everything is a new trend.
Whatever, it's just been my world for, hmm, however long it would
take to make it lose it's "trend" designation. 

That being said, I think I have finally found something that bacon
does NOT enhance the flavor of!
I KNOW!
Did you feel the earth fall off it's axis a bit?

These cookies are really good, way more work than Toll House
but also a totally different animal.
I say, try them, but really, you can leave 
out the bacon.
Save your bacon for cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment