Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Blizzard" Dinner

I'm not entirely sure I'm on board with this whole
"blizzard" thing. 
There is *some* snow and I will allow as how
it is blowing around quite a bit.
I have been photo documenting it.
If it gets impressive at some point, I'll post.
Until then, 
Dinner!
This is Martha Stewart's tomato soup.
It's so simple, 
saute onions and garlic in butter,
add 28 oz. can of tomatoes,
3 cups chicken broth,
simmer it all together for a while and then puree.
Voila!
(Wa-La?)

I usually add some red pepper for fun.
The, hmm, shall we call them,
"crustini"?
Are chibatta that I toasted, rubbed with garlic and then topped
three ways:
Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
Tomatoes, bacon and cheddar,
Tomatoes, bacon and Parmesan.

All in all not a half bad way to cozy up and enjoy a
not half bad "blizzard".




No comments:

Post a Comment