Saturday, February 12, 2011

Life Lesson Number 264

In cases of divorce:
make friends with the Ex's new spouse.

I didn't set out to make a new friend 
but my ex married someone who may be one of the
sweetest women on the planet.
God smiled on all of us the day Peter 
 asked Sheri to marry him.
The way I see it, obviously you have issues with your ex,
they are your "ex" after all, so why not establish
a relationship with the person who doesn't have 
all that messy history with you?
Sheri made it easy and she loves my baby girl.
What more could a mother ask for?
My favorite story is about the time Shanna's sorority 
had a parent's weekend and Sheri and I went down together. 
The looks we got were priceless!

Shanna has four parents who love her no end, 
we each bring something different to the table. 
That has got to be a good thing.
Right?

But like I said, I didn't set out to make a new friend.
Hmm, maybe life lesson #265 should be, 
Make friends with the mother of your husband's children. 
Can you say Kumbaya? 

Thank you, Sheri.


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet homage! What inspired you? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I just woke up one morning with it. That's how most of this stuff happens :o)

    ReplyDelete