Sunday, January 2, 2011

First One of The New Year!

Happy New Year!
I changed up the design here so if you (mom and Big) are
having any trouble reading this, drop me an e-mail.

Mike and I were sitting here watching a dismal game we shall call 
football, 
watching a dismal team we shall call
Da Bears, 
when I got the yearning for some fresh out of the oven cookies.
I think it was a cry for comfort food.

So I pulled these out:
And then it occurred to me that I don't believe I have shared
this little nugget of wisdom:
freezing your own raw cookie dough for baking later!
TaDa!

I use that great little scoop that I use to freeze left over tomato paste
but scoop cookie dough instead.
Lay the scoops out on a cookie sheet and freeze over night
then just pop them in a ziploc bag for later!
It's a great way to achieve portion control at the same time
getting fresh cookies without all the hassle.

Just put the frozen gems on a baking sheet and bake 375 degrees
for about 10 minutes, just like you would if they weren't frozen.

Yum!
Didn't help Da Bears, but I feel better :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment