Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year!

Yep, it's her!
Do you suppose my mother and aunt rue the day they allowed me
to make off with copious amounts of old photos?
Who'd a thunk they would wind up on the
World Wide Web!

But I digress and I haven't even started.
We did our customary 
!!!Appetizer Extravaganza!!!
for Christmas Eve "dinner" this year.
It's a crazy combination of items that I kind of "roll" out.
Here's this year's list:


Shrimp and Cocktail sauce
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (America's Test Kitchen)
Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta (Vegetarian Times)
Cream Cheese with Pepper Jelly
Olive Cheese Bread (Pioneer Woman)
Pretzel Crusted Fried Pickles (Food Network magazine)
Sweet Bacon Chicken Wraps (Paula Deen)
Grape Tomatoes and Marinated Mozzarella Balls on a stick
(that one's rocket science)
Party Meatballs (any woman with a crockpot)


Want some pictures?
OK



 Did you catch what we did with the Hummus and Chimichurri?
Yep, two great tastes that taste great together!

And whereas this arrangement screams
Christmas Eve to me,
there may be a larger segment of the population who
would find it more appropriate for New Year's Eve.
So I provide the aforementioned menu as 
a service to the rest of the world.

Oh, and can I just say, 
Big Mary may be getting older.
And she may even need a walker.
But never let it be said she will let a walker or old age get 
in the way of a good time!
I love you, Big!

No comments:

Post a Comment