Saturday, October 30, 2010

Best Chicago Style Pizza at Home

An Ode to Pizza
I love pizza. 
I love good pizza. 
I love bad pizza.
I love thick crust.
I love thin crust. 
I love to eat the corner pieces on the way home. 
They're appetizers. 
 If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, 
I believe I would choose pizza.

One time a bunch of us had a pizza pot luck.
It was so much fun to try all the different styles, 
combos and pizza joints people used. 
No two pizzas were the same. 
BTW, why are they called "joints"?
Oh, and, if you should decide to have a pizza pot luck,
tell everyone to not get any pizzas larger than a medium. 
There was a ton of leftover!

I like to make pizzas.
 I have a couple of different pizza stones
and a couple of different recipes for the dough. 
My regular stand-by recipe needs to rise twice and 
so you kind of need a couple of hours lead time. 
This pan style one only needs 30 minutes to rise so it's
a good one when you don't have a lot of time.
It originally came from America's Test Kitchen. I'll post the 
recipe over on the left there. The only thing I've changed over time
is the amount of oil you put in the pan. It calls for
3 tablespoons so you get that really crunchy outside 
of the crust, but that just seems excessive to me. Last 
night I used probably 1 1/2 tablespoons and it was just as good. 

Oh man, I'm getting hungry looking at this.
Look at those hunks of red onion.
Chunks of black olives.
And you know there's bacon hiding in there.
MMMMMmmmmm




No comments:

Post a Comment