Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Story of The Loaves and Fishes

I was looking through my old posts and came across this one
that I never published.
It's a good story.
I think I'll publish it now.
:o)

The Story Of The Loaves And Fishes

According to Merry.
And Lory.
And Kelly.

Sometimes the best parties are the ones you don't plan.
Not sometimes, ALWAYS!

This is one of my favorite stories and I'm in a story telling mood.
Once upon a time Mike and I were hanging at
Ken and Lory's.
It was a Sunday afternoon.
Kelly showed up.
Don't ask me how she happened to stop by.
Ken and Lory don't exactly live on a main drag.
But there she was.
At some point we decided we were all hungry.
Lory's cupboards were bare.
Kelly's trunk on the other hand was not.
Kelly, a single mom, had been on her way home
from grocery shopping.
Now understand, Kelly had been shopping for
herself and her young son.
We had the most interesting assortment of food.
It went something like 2 pork chops, a pound of
ground beef, random this, random that.
I can't remember what all we ate but it was the most fun.
And it seemed like the bags never went empty.

My dilemma for the weekend is trying to figure out
what new and inventive Tea sandwiches I can serve
for a baby shower in May.
Maybe I'm making this harder than it needs to be.
Who's got a trunk full of food?




1 comment:

  1. We didn't replenish Kelly's cupboards, but we did pay her for the groceries! Though I'm sure she had to go shopping again right away. It was a great "party" though!

    ReplyDelete