Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Deep Thoughts

Believe it or not I found this 
little quote (?) on
Pintrest.

Does it count as a quote if it is not attributed to anyone?
Hmmm.
Nonetheless,
for your consideration I present:

What if the only things you woke up with today
were the things you thanked God for
yesterday?

I try so hard to practice 
thankfulness. 
To be grateful. 
To be actively aware of all God has done for me.

And it's funny that after I tried to compile a list of 
all the things I am thankful for and 
really would be sad if I woke up without tomorrow, 
I determined the list was too long and was bound to be missing things.

So then I thought I should take it down to the most basic needs in my life. 
God. 
Jesus. 
The Holy Spirit.

And whereas I think that is spot on,
I can't help but think it's a bit of a cop out.
I think I am called to count my blessings. 

And this makes me think again about how much there  
is to "keep track of" as a Christian. 
All the things I should do, not do, try to do. 

And then I am thankful for all those things. 
That's the stuff that keeps my eyes turned toward God. 
And me on my knees.






1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful that God knows my puny-ness and loves me still. It's a good exercise, but I'm glad He doesn't actually hold me to that...

    ReplyDelete