Thursday, February 16, 2012

Christmas With The Girls Part 2

Asparagus Quiche and Asparagus Soup.
Quiche just screams Ladies Who Lunch.
I used America's Test Kitchen's recipe.
It's so creamy and easy. 
You pre-bake the shell for about 
5 minutes and then add the goodies, 
I was using sauteed leeks, blanched asparagus
and swiss cheese.
 The you top it all off with a mixture of
2 eggs, 2 eggs yolks, 
3/4 cup heavy cream, 3/4 cup milk, 
a little salt, white pepper and a hit of nutmeg. 

I only used the tips of the asparagus and was 
feeling wildly decadent about that but very 
wasteful with the stems, so hey, 
make soup!
I used Giada's recipe with the herbed goat cheese. 
I even happened to have some honey goat cheese
in the fridge. I think the honey was a pleasant addition.

It cracked me up that I could lay my hands on 
the Christmas dishes so easily. 
It even snowed! 



No comments:

Post a Comment