Friday, February 3, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Pie Crust

Or defending my time on Pintrest
as not a total time suck. 
How cool is that!?
I found the idea on Pintrest. 
And f you don't know what Pintrest is, well
that's another story altogether.

What the picture is, is a pie shell made from refrigerator
pie dough that you unroll, spread butter and sprinkle
cinnamon on, then roll back up, slice thin
Place in a pie plate
and then smoosh down
to form the shell. 

How fun and easy is that!?
I chose to bake a cinnamon apple pie which was 
delicious
but proved to be a little heavy handed with the cinnamon
and so over shadowed the crust. 
I think next time I will try a pumpkin pie. 
Or something where the crust would compliment the pie
but not compete with it. 

So, now to keep all things in order, 
Food Network, research. 
Pintrest, research.
Margarita Fridays?

1 comment:

  1. The pie crust looks amazing, but I really perked up at "Margarita Friday" - my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete