Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Got Vegees?

Ever wonder what to do with the leftovers from
that holiday vegetable tray?
Me too. 
Last night I decided to roast them.
Pretty, huh?
I picked out the broccoli and cauliflower and gave them to Mike
with his dinner. None for me, they don't like me.
Whatever.
I pulled the tomatoes and red peppers and pulverized them
with an immersion blender. Today I'm going to saute some
onions and garlic in olive oil, add my tomato/pepper goodness
and have some amazing pasta sauce. 
Maybe a hit of red pepper flakes? 
Yum!

Oh, and PS, the left over fruit from the fruit tray?
Lay it out on a cookie sheet and freeze it.
Once it's frozen you can transfer it to a ziploc bag.
Smoothies!!!!!




1 comment:

  1. I should have thought to freeze the fruit before it went (dark) beige. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete