Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette

So this is what you get when I just want to share, like
RIGHT NOW!
Pink in a jar.
I had some fresh raspberries left over from my trial run
of fruit tartlets for a certain event and thought
a raspberry vinaigrette over the baby greens in my
fridge would be ever so pleasant on a hot
sticky evening such as this very one.
That's a loooong sentence.
So, perusing the internet, every recipe I found pretty much
had me using raspberry vinegar.
Huh?
Who wants to do that when you have these
glorious real berries sitting right in front of you?
I finally came across this recipe but I
just jotted it down, so Minnie in Minnesota
isn't going to get her credit here. I did swap out honey and used the Agave
from those amazing margaritas, so does it count as my recipe now?
Any which way, here you go;
1/2 cup canola oil
2 Tbsp. Agave
1 scant Tbsp. Dijon
3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. lime juice
Emulsify this all together and then add 1/2 cup fresh or defrosted
raspberries and blend till liquid.
It's so good!
I'm trying to figure out if I could make a chicken salad using it.
That dijon really does it's job emulsifying
the dressing and it comes out really creamy.
So, you get pink in a jar because raspberries are in season
and I don't want anyone to miss out on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment