Friday, August 6, 2010

Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta

10720medium.jpg

Not too sure if this post is more about the food or photography.
This is one tasty dish I got from Vegetariantimes.com
I've served it a couple of times to rave reviews.
I always thought Chimichurri was something you fried.
Turns out that's a Cimichunga.
Chimichurri is a delicious sauce/condiment?
made primarily of cilantro and parsley.
And while this recipe has you mix it with avocado for an
amazing appetizer,I think it would be equally fantastic served over,
now don't tell Vegetarian Times,
a chicken breast or a piece of fish.
I think that's where some pretty safe creativity can come into play.
Go ahead and take a component of a recipe you enjoy and use it in a different application.
Now for the Photojournalist portion of my post:
The above photo I copied from Vegetarian Times web page.
(hopefully that suffices as full-disclosure/credit)
The one below I snapped at a party I had.
While I think I went one better by putting the Avocado Chimichurri
on bite sized toasts.
Photographing them from above and on a green place-mat...


Not so ingenious :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment