Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Christmas Stockings

And my random thoughts about them.
There are three generations of stocking makers represented here.
Big made mine (the biggest, gotta love that!), Dirk's, 
Shanna's and Michael's.
I made Mike's 
(back in the 80s when he was big into cowboy boots)
and Shawn's.
Breese made Michelle's.

I know there are many styles of Christmas stockings out there.
They are all nice and have their good qualities.
But for our family, these are the only
true Christmas stockings.

I love that Big gave us this tradition. 
I love that Breese will carry it on. 
I wonder how many generations will.
And I love that for as many generations that do carry 
it on, that's how many generations will 
hear loving stories about my Big, 
the kid's Meme. 



No comments:

Post a Comment