Friday, December 16, 2011

Baked Bean Casserole

I have no idea where or when this dish made it's
way into my family's lives. 
All I do know is that I was a child and it's still good. 

Oh, and as far as I can tell there is no
"official" recipe.
But here are the Cliff Notes for you.

Layer a can of baked beans,
(the kind with molasses are best)
a handful of brown sugar,
a layer of ground beef that has been browned with some 
onions and mixed with some tomato paste, 
and repeat. 
Top it off with slices of bacon
and throw it in the oven till it's
hot and the bacon is cooked. 

How much is a handful of brown sugar?
Some. 
How much tomato paste?
Till it looks good.
How high should the oven be?
Isn't every thing at 350?

Hey, that's the best I can do for you, 
but hey, look at it this way, 
no pesky measuring devices to wash :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment