Saturday, May 21, 2011

White Sangria

It would appear we drank about half of it before I thought to ask 
Lory to get a picture of it.
Makes sense.

I got clearance from the mother-to-be to serve an adult
drink option at her baby shower.
White Sangria seemed like the perfect choice for a mid-day 
gathering. 

A friend of mine sent me her recipe and as I sat to write 
this I thought to compare it to the recipe I already had.
Yep, EXACT same one!
So, it appears there is just one white sangria recipe out 
there and the good news is, that's all we need.
It's really good.

The first time I made it I realized that all the 
rum goes to live in the fruit. 
My mother-in-law ate the fruit with a slotted spoon.
Truth.

So here's the recipe:
1 bottle white wine
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
1/2 cup light rum
1/2 cup triple sec
1 15 oz can pineapple tidbits in juice
1 large apple, diced
2 cups chilled soda such as 7-up
(I used ginger ale because it's what I had)

Mix it all together but add the soda just before serving.

Lory said this might just be a margarita alternative. 
High praise indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment