Friday, April 15, 2011

Remarkable Faith - Prayer

Prayer.
Prayer is an amazing thing.
Sometimes I struggle with *what* to pray for.
God always has a bigger, better idea of how things should go
and I quite often am taken by surprise.
There have been too many times when the outcome
of what looked like disaster turned out to be awesome.

I pray for my marriage but would it be the gift it is to 
the two of us and the example to our children if we 
hadn't gone through those two gut retching years apart?

I lived through four Romans 8:26 years with my best friend.
I prayed that every tear I shed would be one 
less that she would have to.
Her son is a testimony to God that none of us
could have even thought to pray for.

I pray for my children's safety, but is safety what I really want for them?
What I want for them is amazing and amazing
 is very seldom achieved through safety.

I do struggle with what to pray for but I am 
comforted knowing that God hears me, understands me, 
and is gracious enough to reveal Himself to me. 

Amen.




3 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more! God puts the best gifts in grubby wrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. That prayer spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to revisit this post :o)

    ReplyDelete