Thursday, June 23, 2011

Leftover Puff Pastry

I had a sheet of puff pastry in my freezer left over from making these:
These would be "bite size" cream horns.
Yum. 
But, there was puff pastry calling me from
the frozen tundra and a package of 
mini heirloom tomatoes sitting on my counter. 
I had goat cheese in the fridge from my latest appetizer craze:
That's a dried apricot with a smudge of goat cheese, 
an almond and a drizzle of honey on top. 
Thanks to Sandy at Reluctant Entertainer.

And inspiration struck!
Ina Garten has a recipe for 
Tomato and Goat Cheese Tarts
in her Back to Basics book. 
I had a lot of the ingredients on hand, some "almost" ingredients
and a couple, not so much.
But the one thing I have learned over these years
is that recipes are mostly suggestions.
These were lovely.
Dinner!
Oh, and those are the leftover purple asparagus from the other night.
Only the steak is new. 
Not bad for a "clean out your fridge" dinner,
huh?
Love it when that happens :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment