Friday, March 10, 2017

Cracked Vessel

"If you are only getting your spiritual food on 
Sunday mornings,
 then You are doing something wrong."

Very wise words spoken to me in love from a dear friend.
Carol said that to me many years ago and 
it is a comment/advice that I have
thought of often.

There's something else that has stuck with me since
the first time I heard it, 
The only way to keep a cracked vessel full
is to keep it under the faucet.

I have been looking through some old prayer journals
to just get a little inspiration for my lenten thoughts.

There are some pretty powerful 
thoughts and prayers in there!

I will admit my seasons
 of deliberate study and time in the word
ebb and flow, but this vessel
absolutely operates better 
when running on full!





No comments:

Post a Comment