Monday, March 27, 2017

AI Scavenger Hunt

And here is the result of my 
Art Institute 
scavenger hunt.

This is Peter denying Christ as he is led away
in the background.
 This is Christ being taunted by the soldiers.
 This almost looks like a coloring book to me,
but look at the way the cloth is billowing in the wind.
And check out the little guy in the foreground.
This one kind of slams you in the gut.


I saw quite a few renditions of Christ on the cross.
Here is one that intrigued and troubled me, 
it's by Marc Chagall.
He painted it to draw a parallel between
 the crucifixion of Christ and 
the Nazi's killing the jews.
He was jewish and therefor saw Christ as a 
profit, or wise teacher.
Somehow this troubles me, 
but at the same time, 
it's causing me to think, 
and that IS the point of my whole exercise 
these 40 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment