Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tilapia with Butternut Squash And Pasta

I have been having much fun turning any roasted 
vegetable into soup.
Well guess what?
That soup thinned with a bit of pasta water becomes 
a sauce!
I give you roasted butternut squash for your consideration.

I just caramelized some cubed squash along with some
onion in a pan, added some garlic and thyme, chicken broth
and a splash of white wine, simmered it, pureed it,
thinned it with a hit of pasta water and
presto,
change-o, 
pasta sauce!

The tilapia is my standard, olive oil, salt, pepper,
broiler on low for 10 minutes. 
It just adapts itself to whatever sauce I plop on top.

The pasta is Campanelle. 
Mike and I both thought it was great for "capturing"
the sauce.

The reason for this little experiment was a recipe
I had a while back that called for less than one whole
butternut squash. I had taken the remainder of the squash, pealed it, 
cubed it, laid it out on a cookie sheet
and froze it then stored it in a ziploc bag
until inspiration could hit.
And it did! 








No comments:

Post a Comment