Thursday, March 10, 2011

Asian Pork With Snow Peas,

Red Peppers, and Soba Noodles.
Boy, that's a long name for something.
But worth every syllable.

I love Asian flavors and as long as I refer to them as such and not
"Chinese" I seem to be able to get away with it.
Mind you, my husband has nothing against the ethnicity,
just what he perceives as their cuisine. 
So Asian it was tonight!

This recipe came courtesy of Real Simple Magazine. 

Real Simple Magazine came courtesy of Indra.
Thanks, Indra :o)

K, so here's the scoop; 
I followed the recipe pretty closely, 
I did substitute wheat spaghetti for the soba noodles
and cashews for the peanuts. 
The meat I used was called a 
"pork shoulder blade steak".
I cut the meat into pieces as the recipe instructed but then I 
tossed the bone in for the heck of it.
I think this would be really good with pork country ribs too. 
Just cook them whole and then shred them at the end.
The recipe has you slice the ginger. I pulled the slices
out before serving, biting into a hunk of ginger just
doesn't sound like a good thing to me, but I
could be wrong.
Happens sometimes.

Yum!
It's a keeper :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment