Friday, November 29, 2013

Turkey Pie

Or, Gluten Gullet. 
Right before Mike and I decided to 
try to cut gluten out of our diet
I made this:
It was so good that I have to get this 
down for posterity. 
Or anyone else who might like a 
carbo-loaded piece of heaven.

I used a quiche pan but a deep pie plate would 
work easily as well.
I sprayed it with Pam and then mixed
up 2 cups Bisquick-like baking mix
with one cup water and "lined" the pan with it.
It is very wet so mostly I made a big well
in the middle of it.

Then I browned up some ground turkey with
onions and zucchini, but you could use
any veges you have on hand
(as well as left over turkey).
I mixed in some gravy and poured that
into my dough "well" and then 
a thin layer of cranberry sauce.
I topped all that with Stove Top stuffing that
I mixed according to the directions and put 
it in a 325 oven for about an hour. 
You want the crust to get cooked and nicely browned.

Soooo good!



No comments:

Post a Comment