Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Oma and Opa

My off-the-top-of-my-head
ten
fun facts.
They raised the amazing Man I am 
blessed to be married to.

They had a hand in raising our two children
and I am beyond thrilled to say they
are impacting Maddie's life as well.

They became Shanna's grandparents when she was 4,
you would never know they hadn't been all along.

Opa would buy old electronics at garage sales
so Michael could take them apart. 
For fun.

Marlene would quite often mix up 
Michael's outfits that I sent for him.
When I do that to Maddie I just smile and consider 
it heritage.

Opa doesn't like to leave a good party. 
Marlene doesn't like to overstay her welcome.
It's fun to watch.


Marlene is the model of the mother-in-law 
I want to be.

They took my children to the zoo
so I didn't have to.

Opa took each of the kids driving on the tollway
and into Chicago when they were
learning to drive 
so Mike didn't have to.

Not only are they 
Great-Grandparents
(in every sense of the word)
they are 
my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment