Wednesday, May 29, 2013

S'mores Bars

 Michelle sent this recipe to me and I had every intention
of making them Mother's Day weekend 
but things got away from me. 
They do sometimes. 
A lot of times.

But I did manage to make them for
Memorial Day weekend.

In theory they sound great, basically a
Rice Krispy treat make with Golden Grahams 
and chocolate chips on top.
The originator suggested putting the chips on after
it cools a bit so they don't melt. 
The only problem with that is that 
the chips then fall of as you try to bite into them.
I kind of solved that problem by serving them in 
cupcake liners.
The other problem was that they got rock hard
in 24 hours, so make them 
right before you want to eat them. 

Other than that, they were a good
alternative for a bunch of 
people who were not inclined to 
stand out in the rain and toast 
marshmallows for S'mores.



No comments:

Post a Comment