Wednesday, December 4, 2013

We Three Kings

Gold. 
Frankincense. 
Myrrh.

It's basically a song about the gifts
they brought Jesus.
And it reminds me of a 
great idea Mike and I had when
the kids were little.

We were trying to get a little less
Santa 
in the holiday and a little more
Jesus.
To that end, we told the kids that as the 
Three Wise Men
brought three special gifts to the Christ child
so would Santa bring each of them three
gifts on Christmas mornings.

Michael was about 4. 
We were in the car when we were discussing this,
a few minutes later a little
voice from the backseat says, 
"what's myrrh?"

And where, Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh were highly
valued in Jesus' time,
and Gameboy, Pokeymon and micro-machines
were highly valued in Michael's time,
what gift of value can I give to Jesus now?

My time?
My attention?
My heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment