Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Sauce

Or glaze. 
Or something. 
It would seem the hardest part of creating
a recipe would be naming it.

You know how 
pork is the *other* white meat?
Well, I'm not a big chicken fan so in this house
pork is the white meat. 
My favorite cut is the tenderloin. 
America's Test Kitchen gave me the 
perfect way to cook it. 
I use an oven safe fry pan, 
brown the tenderloin on all sides
 on the stove top
and then put it in a 375 degree oven for  
about 25 minutes depending on 
the size of the tenderloin.
I check it for doneness by how much
give it has when I poke it with my tongs.
I like it a little pink in the middle.
Over done pork is the pits.

Pork tenderloin is a perfect vehicle for any 
sauce you want. 
We are big on teriyaki, BBQ
and a cranberry sauce.

I got creative the other night and came up with this:

It is:
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 T. soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
2 t. fresh grated ginger
1/4 t. red pepper flakes

When I took the tenderloins out to rest
I deglazed the pan with a hit of chicken stock
then added the sauce components and
heated them through. 

PS, those potatoes tasted pretty good
dunked in the sauce too. 
Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment