Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake Cobbler

As you can see I could not wait
to try this before it's beauty shot.
What you can't see is that I burned my mouth
in the process.

I found the picture for this on 
Pintrest, 
but where I got the recipe is anyone's guess.
Here's the link:

As best I can tell it's a recipe site.
I think someone named Diane created it
and in this world of bloggers
being so concerned they get their credit, 
there.

Here's what I have to say about Diane's recipe;
while the ingredients make for a tasty
treat, her process is whack.
In my humble opinion.

The recipe calls for you to grease a pan
and then put canned pumpkin and evaporated milk in 
it and mix. Then add a dry cake mix and 
graham cracker crumbs and mix.
 Again. 
Not the easiest way to accomplish this task. 
Next time I'm using a bowl. 
Call me a renegade.
But here's the hardest part, 
next you mix softened cream cheese with powder
sugar, making in essence frosting/cheesecake
that you are supposed to *spread* over this
raw cake batter consistency layer in the pan.

Yeah, not gonna happen.
I made little blobs and dropped them all over.
Eh, not perfect.
I think next time I will try warming the cream cheese
and see if it gets thin enough to pour.

Oh, 
because there will be a next time.
As I said, 
her ingredients make for a tasty treat :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment