Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thai Style Pizza

I took one bite of this and knew I had to share.

It's kind of a riff on a recipe I found on line.
The "sauce" is:
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 T. hoisin
2 T. rice wine vinegar
1 T. sesame oil
1 t. chili paste

You spread that on the pizza dough and then top with
bean sprouts
green onions
shrimp
Monterey Jack cheese
and a sprinkling of cilantro.

Next time I'll add some chopped peanuts and
 julienne carrots.

The other really fun thing about this pizza
is that we cooked it on the grill.
I put a pretty thick pizza stone on the grates
and heated the grill up to 400 degrees.
It took about 20 minutes to cook
and probably could have benefited from
being rotated half way through.
Live and learn.
That's what I'm here for.

But no hot kitchen!
It's a win-win!
:o)





No comments:

Post a Comment