Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cucumber-Avocado Salsa

Thanks, Mom.
Although this recipe comes from USA Weekend magazine,
I would not have had access to it if not
for my mom. 

I wonder if anyone does what we do in our family. 
My sister has a subscription to 
People magazine.
She reads it, 
passes it on to me, 
I read it 
and pass it on to Mom and Big.

Big gets Ladies Home Journal. 
She passes that on to me and I pass it 
on to Carol.

Mom and Big get the Sunday Tribune, 
Mike is interested in 
the travel and the transportation sections.
Mom and Big, not so much, 
but they save those sections along with
any food related items they feel I would enjoy. 
Sometimes it's a food related item that clearly
they would enjoy.
Like lemon stuff.
More often than not there is something
 in there that does interest me.
Like this salsa.

It was just a component of 
what they felt to be the main attraction,
Sizzling Steak Tacos.
Whatever, that salsa spoke to me and it was great!
I had never thought to combine cucumber and avocado.
It's a great combination and I may be 
throwing cucumber into more of my 
avocado dishes.

Today it's found its way into my 
deconstructed guacamole.
I'll let you know how that turns out!


PS, Shanna, how'd I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment