Monday, August 8, 2011

Black Bean-Quinoa Burgers

Very Pretty.
This recipe comes from Vegetarian Times.

You can "Like" them on Facebook, that's how I happened upon 
this little gem. They randomly post recipe links.
I love quinoa so that in the title always gets my attention.

The recipe is pretty straight forward.
The only thing I question is where they have you add 1 1/2 cups
water to the sauteed onions and then simmer it till most
of the water evaporates. That's a lot of evaporation going on.
I think I will cut that back to just one cup next time.
Also, I didn't have dried steak seasoning so I threw in some
Essence of Emeril. Not my best choice but I will say
the patty is neutral enough that you could pretty
much throw in any spice combo that suits you and it would be good.
Just be sure to go a little heavy, it needs the flavor.

The surprise part of this was the little
tomato-olive salad I made to throw on top.
I had a bunch of small heirloom tomatoes that I had bought
at the farmers market the other day and I couldn't
stand for them to go bad so I cut some up, threw in the
left over black olives from Margarita Friday, some shallots,
garlic, olive oil, basil and balsamic. I copped it all up
pretty fine, thinking a tampanade sort of thing
and threw it on top of the burgers.
Yum!

Score one for the Vegetarians!

No comments:

Post a Comment