Thursday, December 20, 2018

When God Hits You Right Over The Head

God sightings. 
That is what Lory and I have made our focus
this season.
He pops up in the most unexpected places.
Like my aunts closet.
We walked my grandma, Big and mom's mom,
home at home.
Big hadn't left her side but finally on 
New Years day we convinced her to go
to a movie with me. 
I still remember what movie it was,
Fried Green Tomatoes.
I remember because grandma died
while we were at the movie.

I felt really guilty that I had pulled Big away
just on the day grandma breathed her last.

When we first started down this road with Big 
I felt like I wanted to be with her when she breathed her last.
I know that is statistically not likely, 
but one lives in hope.

I like to spend some time each day 
(that I can)
at mom and Big's place.
I also like to keep busy.
I tasked myself with organizing the black hole
that is my aunts closet.
I came across MANY papers, 
but one caught my eye.
It was written in Big's distinctive print.
I stopped and read it. 
It was a testimonial about the time she was
most thankful for her church.
It was the day I took her to a movie 
and her mother died.

Big tells of how we couldn't get her to leave 
grandma's side and that eventually
she agreed to go to a movie with me.
And grandma died.
But her take away from the day was
that my mother and sister were able to call
their pastor and he was there at grandma's side
waiting to pray with us all
when Big and I returned.

At the exact moment Big needed her church, 
God arranged for it to be there to meet her.

At the exact moment I need to know God has this,
He's got His own timing,
There's a reason for every twist in Big's road home,
He has me clean a closet and meets me right there on the floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment