Monday, December 10, 2018

Who Knew?


I wrote a post about these boxes 7 years ago. 
I made one for Mom and one for Big.
Full disclosure, 
I'm not sure which one of them this one belongs to.

They are boxes full of memories. Mostly just one liners meant 
to spark a memory.

When Big first started slipping away we noticed that
she really liked us to talk to her.
But one sided conversations get a little difficult.
We tried reading hymns.
She liked those.
I pulled out scrap books Shanna had made her over the years.
She enjoyed those.

And then I spied the wooden box 
I had made for her so many years ago.
It was meant to bring her a smile from time to time.

I started reading those one liners and every now and then 
she would finish the story.
It warmed my heart like nothing else could have.

Look at God using the things we do 
for purposes we never dreamed of.





No comments:

Post a Comment