Friday, January 10, 2014

Butternut Squash & Parsley Penne

From Rachel Ray.
 Costco has these way cool 
pre-cut butternut cubes.
I love them!
I love butternut squash and I love not having to get my 
hands all orange and filmy from whatever
is in those things that
leaves my hands all orange and filmy. 

So I am always on the lookout for 
recipes that incorporate them. 
This one was a winner
and aslo, plague approved!

I'll link her recipe but here are the 
areas I digressed from the recipe as written. 
I used corn pasta 
(wheat is baaad, very bad),
half a red onion
(because that's what I had),
and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
(because I'm a heat weenie.)
OK, next time I'll take it down to
 1/4 teaspoon. 
I'm a BIG weenie.

Oh, Costco also has copious amounts of 
corn pasta. 
Guess we are not the only ones who think wheat is 
baaaad.
(It's also GMO free, but let's not go there. Yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment