Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Slow Cooker Goulash

This is from 
I've said it before and I'll say it again, 
I really like this magazine. 
There is always at least one recipe in every issue
I want to make and so far they have all been good!

This recipe has you dust the chuck roast with flour and brown it off.
then you saute onions, beets, celery and carrots in the
pan. Then you add tomato paste, garlic, paprika,
cumin, coriander and caraway seeds. 
You deglaze with red wine and beef broth, put the whole mess
in the slow cooker and at the end shred the meat
and finish with red wine vinegar and parsley.

Here's where I went all renegade, 
the first night I served it with the egg noodles it suggested
(hence the errant noodle or two in the photo), 
but the second night I served it over a baked  sweet potato.
Yes!
Perfection!

I think it's funny how very similar all 
"chuck roast in the slow cooker"
recipes tend to be and that just a few variations
can make such a big difference.

This one's a keeper.




No comments:

Post a Comment