Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sloppy Mini Muffins

These were part of our Christmas Eve Appetizer Lollapalooza.
They were a new addition and it would appear they will be a keeper.
I couldn't even get a picture of the plate full of them.


Well, truth be told they were diving for the olive bread
but you get the picture.....

These are a twist on something I saw 
Sandra Lee make. 
It's just a Jiffy corn muffin mix that I baked in a mini 
muffin pan.
 You scoop out the center of the cooled muffin.
I used a serrated grapefruit spoon. 
(good thinking, huh?)
and then Sandra made a chili to spoon into the divot.
My mom had made sloppy joes the day before
and mom being mom, there was plenty leftover
to stuff my mini muffins.
(good thinking, huh?)
I topped them with some cheddar that I used
a microplane to shred so it was really fine and popped 
them in the oven to warm up and melt the cheese. 
 and 
WALA!
(that's for Shanna)

4 comments:

  1. diving for the olive bread ... A recipe for that one pls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/olive_cheese_br/
    There you go! :o)

    ReplyDelete