Monday, January 30, 2012

Balls

I have been dubbed the 
Queen of Balls.....
...Oreo Balls.

And while I don't mind the title, I am feeling
a bit penned in. 
My creativity stifled.
My horizons limited.
Predictable.

And so to combat that I present to you;
The Blond Oreo Ball.
(just used the vanilla Oreos)

And the latest in ball creation;
The Cookie Dough Ball!
There are no raw eggs in these so they are
food safe, always a nice touch.

I searched the internet and found virtually the same
recipe at every site so I don't feel like
I am stepping on toes to offer it here.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
(or truffles if you want to be fancy)
(notice, I am not fancy)

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
1 cup mini chocolate chips
chocolate for dipping.

Cream the butter and sugar.
add in the vanilla and the the flour, milk
and chips.

Chill before rolling and again before dipping.

I took an independent taste poll
and the general consensus was favorable.
The only thing I had issue with was the texture.
Regular cookie dough has a bit of a 
"crunch" from the brown sugar.
I think I creamed these too well. Next time I 
would go a little lighter on the creaming process
and maybe a bit heavier on the brown sugar.

Now then, what else do you suppose I can roll into a ball
and dip in chocolate?
Hmmm....



No comments:

Post a Comment