Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pacific Natural's Everyday Chef Challenge Part Two

   I have my second recipe up on the Pacific Natural's site.
It's kind of complicated but it looks way cool and tastes pretty darn good too!
Surprise!
It's the first time I used egg roll wraps in a pasta kind of way. I have seen bunches of recipes that call for them when making ravioli so I figured they may work here, and they did. They are in the refrigerated section of the produce department at Meijer. 


The other part of this challenge is for guest food bloggers, one of whom is my friend, Aggie. She has an amazing recipe up for Creamy Butternut Squash and Shrimp Pasta Bake. It looks amazing and I'm pretty sure I'll be trying it tomorrow. 
Here's the link for it for you convenience :o)
And while you're there, vote for her, K?
And then, go vote for me too, K?




This gives me the perfect opportunity to share a little something, something with you.
You know those recipes that call for 2 teaspoons of tomato paste, but those cans have what, 20 teaspoons in them? 
Here's what I do:

I use the scoop that I use to make cookies and scoop out the rest of the can, place them on foil, or parchment, or whatever, freeze them and then transfer them into a zipper bag. Each one is about a tablespoon. 
Genius!
I know.
You're welcome.
;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment