Monday, August 19, 2013

A Little Side Trip Into Chicago

Don't tell Ava,  
but I went to Chicago without her.
I saw a piece on 
Sunday Morning
about artist, Jun Kaneko.
He does these huge ceramic pieces.
These are called Dangos.
Or, big dumplings.

They are interesting but not what drew me
to Chicago to see for myself.

These!





I wanted to see for myself.

They are called Tanukis and as best I can tell
they are a real creature that the
 Japanese have fanciful myths woven around.
They are tricksters of sort.

I was intrigued by their faces.
you think they are all the same.
But they are not.

Also, look at the precision the stripes and dots
are painted on with, yet at some point in the 
process the dots and stripes bleed down.

Perfection, 
yet imperfect, 
precision, 
yet not.

Hmmmm, 
there's a life lesson in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment