Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Grilled Tilapia with Peach Guacamole

 I like a to have a 
photo to go with a food post.
I have made this dish twice and although it
tastes great, it has a bit of a problem.

The guacamole turns brown VERY quickly.

I grill the tilapia outside
and then make up a very basic
guacamole with the addition
of a fresh peach.
I put the tilapia on a bed of quinoa
and then top with the guac.
It's delicious.
The problem is, no amount of lime
juice keeps the concoction  
from turning brown.
Fast.

I suspect it's the fault of the peach.
But I'd like confirmation.
Mark?

Basic Guacamole:
one mashed avocado
a few slices of jalapeno, diced small
small amount of red onion, finely diced
salt
lime juice
one peach, chopped

Mexicanish Quinoa:
cooked quinoa
corn
black beans
jalapeno
olive oil drizzle on top



No comments:

Post a Comment