Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Use Your Imagination

I made polenta for the first time last night
and it won't be the last.
You'll have to use your imagination for how it looked. 
(new computer)
I *created* a mexican-y sort of stew
by browning off some ground beef, chorizo,
onions and bell peppers, then adding a can of tomatoes
black beans, tortilla strips, roasted corn, 
roasted butternut squash (just because I had it) 
and a bunch of spices.
I served that over the polenta and it was great. 

Could polenta be any easier?
You just boil some water, stir in the corn meal,
cook for about ten minutes
and then stir in some butter and cheese.

It kind of sets up at it sits and made a 
kind of a bed for the stew to sit on.
It would be kind of neat to 
line the inside of a bowl with it and
 then add the stew.

I have extra polenta so I spread it out on a sheet pan
and put it in the fridge. 

Tonight:
Fried Polenta!

I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment