Monday, November 2, 2020

The Covid Cafe


Throughout this crazy time our squad,
which I am proud to be a part of,  
has maintained our connection. 

There are four couples.
Eight of us.
Not sure how big our 
"Covid Bubble"
was supposed to be, but that's ours.
And I am thankful for it.

Some assortment of us walks just about
every morning and we end up at the 
Covid Cafe.
Viki's turquoise table, outside
in the fresh air. 

Viki makes the coffee and we all
discuss and solve the worries of the world.
It's really fun because we all have slightly different takes
on the world and the politics thereof.

I am thankful for this time together
and the different views that make me 
look more closely at mine.
Some opinions change, some do not,
but the respect remains.

Challenging conversation, 
that's what I'm thankful for today.
Well, and 
coffee,
and friends,
and walks.


No comments:

Post a Comment