Monday, November 16, 2020

Just Do It

I'm not sure where this will go. 
I've noticed that I've been thankful
for the things I have done. 

When I think about things that won't happen this year
I'm just so thankful that I've chosen to DO things
in the past.

I'm wondering if our town will
 do it's lighted Christmas parade.
I'll miss it if they don't
but I'm so happy we've braved the cold and done 
it many years.


We did an overnight in Chicago with our
kids and their families one year. 
We did Kris Kringle Market,
dinner 
and zoo lights.
Look at all those people 
PACKED in! 
This was before we even knew what
"social distancing" was.


Lory and I did Christmas in Disney last year,
well, not *actual* Christmas,
but Disney's Christmas celebration.
We saw fireworks every night, my favorite.
Disney is open on a limited basis but no fireworks yet.

Our gang of girls did Chicago last year.
We managed to find a day and just DO it.
No nasty warm wine in boot mugs this year.

I guess, where I am going is, 
I could get sad about what 
WON'T
be happening this year, 
or I could be so 
THANKFUL
for the wonderful times I've shared with people I love.

Another thankful moment, 
I'm thankful for the time spent,
not *things*.
Hmmm.....




No comments:

Post a Comment