Friday, September 18, 2020

September 18

Today is the first anniversary of 
mom's passing.
Well, not actually *today*
because I am writing this a week ahead in hopes
that I stand a better chance
of getting my thoughts down clearly.

We are a motley crew.
Just about every one of us has had
issues, challenges, made some bad choices.

I probably had the most complicated relationship
with mom. But one thing I can tell you for sure,
she was always my biggest cheerleader and 
the same for every member of her family.

She was certain that any one of us could make our way
out of whatever situation we may have made for ourselves
as well as circumstances that overtook us. 
She would rejoice at our accomplishments
and be there to encourage us to fight 
the same fight over again.
She never judged.

I hope we made her proud.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment