Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Crepes Suzette

 And mom.

That's a menu that mom had had for AGES.
She and my dad ate there, if that gives you any clue
how long that menu has been around.
I can remember it framed on the wall at the end
of the hallway in our house on
Rollwind Road.

It's a little soot stained.
It survived a fire in the storage room in one
of our apartments.

Mom said the best breakfast she ever had was at 
Brennan's.
It was filet and crepes suzette.
I don't trust myself with a good cut of meat,
but setting pancakes on fire?
I'm all over that!!

So, I set out to figure out Crepes Suzette.
I had Gaye as my partner in crime, 
I mean, sous chef,
we made a HUGE mess and
Crepes Suzette!
( I have a video of the carnage left in the kitchen)

Mom was a good sport.
I think she ate two of them and the poor thing could 
hardly swallow or keep anything
down at this point.

This picture pops up on my screen saver
from time to time and I just look at it
and say a little prayer 
and apology.



No comments:

Post a Comment